To be effective at digital marketing and messaging, there are two prerequisites. They are relevance and presence. If have these things in place, you're ready to be found. What do I mean by those terms? Relevance: your products and services and message have meaning to someone in the market, and you have a clear idea to whom and why. Presence: You have a credible digital presence (web site/location) in place. Increasingly, people find you, vet you, and reach you on the web- and there's no point in bringing people to a site that will harm your chances of bringing the person to the next step in engagement.
The Top 5 Ways to Create Online Visibility:
The web is so crazy full of data now, that the most effective tools help people filter information to get what they need faster- and help share information through ratings and stories, which reduces the risk of a trying a new vendor/increases the chances of a positive experience.
1. Be found in Search Engines (Search Engine Optimization, the New World of Digital PR, Posting Current Information, Blogging, Back door/ under the radar Keyword buys)
2. Be found on recommendation sites (Like Yelp, other directories)
3. Be present in relevant Social Networks (Contribute and connect on the sites that meet your demographic- leverage the power of "telling friends"- Like Intent, Facebook, Orkut, Zaadz, Eons)
4. Tell your story in multimedia (web video- for products, services, case studies, shorts, testimonials) and get it out there.
5. Stay in Touch with your existing customer base (offer valuable information, create your own community f fans, promotions, information services)
Most of these methods can be done yourself, with some elbow grease and smarts, with the exception of keyword buys. You can also purchase these as bundled services, from here or abroad.